[gradsusr] Question about why the wind vectors barbs not showing up for the 0-6 KM Shear difference

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 17:52:58 EDT 2013

The way you're doing it, you're only computing the difference in wind
speed between two layers.  If you're trying to calculate vertical wind
shear, you should be calculating the vector difference, which is the
difference in the components.  So you should have a delta-U wind
component of the shear (u500-usfc) and a delta-V component of the
shear (v500-vsfc).  Those are the two quantities you would display to
get the vectors.

Jeff