[gradsusr] Unknown source of errors

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 22:21:51 EDT 2013

That does sound odd.  Try using a separate script variable to store the
final value of each time index and use those index values in the expression
instead of computing the math within the expression.  By that I mean,

n2 = 14
T1 = n2-11
T2 = n2-9
'define s = ave('var',t='T1',t='T2')

See if that relieves the ambiguity.

Jeff Duda

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 8:27 PM, juan pablo sierra perez <
elviejojuanpi at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> I have found differences in the results in this two ways to proceed:
>
> First one:
> n2=14
> 'define s=ave('var', t='n2'-11, t='n2'-9)'
>
> Second one:
> 'define s=ave('var', t=3, t=5)'
>
> How can I use the "average" command with a math expression used to define
> the times values avoiding the errors?
> Why is this error produced?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Regrets