[gradsusr] netcdf point (station) datasets in grads

James T. Potemra jimp at hawaii.edu
Wed Oct 30 12:46:36 EDT 2013

Sorry if I misread the initial question, but you're right having
multiple stations in a single file will not work.  On the other hand if
you have a single station in a single file, and this file is CF-1.6, you
can access this via GrADS with an appropriate control file.  And yes,
IDV can recognize the new CF-1.6 discrete geometry, but other client
tools may need a work-around for the missing lat/lon dimensions.

Jim