[gradsusr] Error

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Thu Oct 17 16:22:55 EDT 2013

Well, it might have something to do with the US government shutdown -- this data server may not have been 'essential' and turned off. You should write to NCEP's help desk and ask them if the server is up yet. The address is: ncep.pmb.dataflow at noaa.gov
--Jennifer

On Oct 15, 2013, at 9:58 AM, Jan-Ove Johansson wrote:

> Hi! First I want to say that I am completely new to GrADS. I have version 2.0.1.oga.1. I installed OpenGrADS on a Win 7 PC. I get this message sometimes:
>
> Error: nc_open failed to open file http://nomad1.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/gfs_master/gfs/gfs_master_z
> NetCDF: 1/0 failure
> gradsf: Couldn´t ingest SDF metadata
>
> Can anyone tell me what is wrong and how I fix it? I would be very grateful for any help.
>
> Best regards
> Jan-Ove

Jennifer M. Adams
111 Research Hall, Mail Stop 2B3