[gradsusr] GrADS Version 1.9 Output

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Wed Oct 16 10:24:39 EDT 2013

On Oct 16, 2013, at 12:40 AM, Ryan Danielson wrote:

> Hey Users,
>
> I'm running GrADS V. 1.9.0. I am trying to complete a map that is shaded in graduating colors.
> Currently, I use commands "set gxout shaded", then  "d pratesfc" to get my map. I was wondering if I could get more transitional colors that will enable the shaded regions to transition into each other.
You can define new colors and then use 'set clevs' and 'set ccols' to control the number of levels and colors.

The script library has a few different color bar options: http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/library.html

> Lastly, I have been forced to take screen shots of my work because I cannot get GrADS to print an image. I have tried the code "printim map1.png" but nothing occurs. I cannot find the file. Have I input the code wrong?
Check the output from 'q config' to make sure it says "printim command for image output ENABLED".

If it is enabled, and if you do not put a full path in front of your output file name, then it should write the file in your current working directory (i.e., the directory where you are running grads.)

--Jennifer

> Thanks
>
> Ryan

Jennifer M. Adams