[gradsusr] Average wind speed

T. haghroosta haghroosta at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 12 11:37:24 EDT 2013

Dear All,

I have a question, I will appreciate if anyone knows and leads me.

I am studying typhoons and as all references, the typhoon intensity is equivalent with the 1-minute ( or 10-minute) average wind speed at the height of 10 meters above the surface. Now, I would like to know whether U10 and V10 in wrf output or CFSR data set (in height 10 meter) are average values or not? If no, how can I find  1-minute ( or 10-minute) average wind speed? Can I use U10 and V10? Can grads calculate those?

I am looking forward to hearing from side of you.

Sincerely yours,

T.