[gradsusr] Heavy smoothing

Goodson,Ron [Edm] Ron.Goodson at EC.gc.ca
Thu Oct 3 12:51:36 EDT 2013

I don't have any routines for that.  What I tend to do when I need heavy
smoothing is to interpolate to a lower-resolution grid (see "lterp")

ron

________________________________

From: gradsusr-bounces at gradsusr.org
[mailto:gradsusr-bounces at gradsusr.org] On Behalf Of Matt Bunkers - WFO
UNR
Sent: October 3, 2013 10:32 AM
To: GrADS Users Forum
Subject: [gradsusr] Heavy smoothing

Hi,

I've been using smth9 to smooth some of my noiser fields, but I'd like
to smooth even more.  I can nest this command several times, but I still
don't get much more smoothing.  Does anyone have a script or set of
commands that would smooth over a larger area and/or number of grid
points?

Thanks,

-- Matt