[gradsusr] Mask out with polygon shape file

Alejandro Meza Mayorga jamaicam9 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 1 17:57:06 EDT 2013

Hello grads users:

I have a netcdf file that contains daily sst
values, and I need to extract the grid inside an irregular area between
lat 0-25 N and lon 110 W to the pacific coastline of the american
continent. I've read in previous posts that it can be done using the maskout function. And the maskout data can be made using the software MeteoInfo (I read it in this thread: http://gradsusr.org/pipermail/gradsusr/2013-April/034603.html).

But I'm having problems making the shape file needed for the maskout. The area that I need is something like the one on the
attachment (Area.png).

Any sugestions on how to make it? Can this be done using MeteoInfo?

Hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Alejandro.