[gradsusr] problem regarding opening data descriptor file in grads

krishnamohan krishmet at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 08:28:03 EST 2013

Hi Asmat,

I am using the following method to open GFDL netcdf files in grads. Suppose
you have an nc file named ua_A1_CM2_sresa2_r1_200101-210012.nc for u-wind,
then create a ctl file to read the data as

dset ^ua_A1_CM2_sresa2_r1_200101-210012.nc
TDEF time 1200 linear 16jan2001 1mo

don't forget to change time accordingly

and in grads use xdfopen to open the ctl file like

xdfopen uwnd.ctl , the data will be opened

Hope this will be useful for you

Regards

Krishnamohan