[gradsusr] How to create a new Grads file?

Celso Bandeira de Melo Ribeiro celso.bandeira at ufjf.edu.br
Fri Nov 22 10:07:42 EST 2013

Hello Andrew,
Thank you.
You are right. I missed a single quote at the end of the line 'define pcp
= rec1’, but it was when I prepared to send this massage.
The problem is continuing when I put a single quote at the end of the
line.
Have a nice day.
Celso

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 22:35:44 -0800, Andrew Friedman
<andfried at berkeley.edu>
wrote:
> Hi Celso,
>
> I’m not sure if this is all of it, but SAVE_pcp.gs is missing a single
> quote at the end of the line 'define pcp = rec1’
> Can you try it now?
>
> Andrew
>
> On Nov 21, 2013, at 3:55 PM, Celso Bandeira de Melo Ribeiro
> <celso.bandeira at ufjf.edu.br> wrote:
>
>> Hi Andrews and Grads users,
>>
>> Can anybody help me?
>> I am trying to apply masking in NetCdf file (ORIGINAL file =
>> pcp_2000M01.nc) and trying to save de results in the same format
"NetCdf"
>> (result file = pcp_2000M01NEW.nc).
>>
>> The script (SAVE_pcp.gs) is:
>> 'xdfopen amazon_2000N.ctl'
>> 'set gxout shaded'
>> 'open mask_new.ctl'
>> 'set t 1'
>> 'rec1 = maskout(pcp,mask.2(t=1))'
>> 'd rec1'
>> 'define pcp = rec1
>> 'set sdfwrite pcp_2000M01_NEW.nc'
>> 'sdfwrite pcp'
>>
>> The results appear that it has been saved file but when I try to open
it
>> (using amazon_2000NEW.ctl) only show the limits (boundary), but not the
>> data inside limits.
>> I am attaching the files that I am working.
>> I appreciate some help.
>> Celso
>>

>> On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 10:10:28 -0800, Andrew Friedman
>> <andfried at berkeley.edu>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi Celso,
>>>
>>> For save.gs, you also have to download the dependency scripts
>>> parsestr.gsf, parseopt.gsf, qdims.gsf and put them in your GrADS
script
>>> folder.
>>> The program should work for gridded data, and create a .ctl control
file
>>> and .dat data file. You can open them by using the command ‘open’ on

University<amazon_2000N.ctl><amazon_2000NEW.ctl><mask_new.ctl><mask_new.dat><pcp_2000M01.nc><pcp_2000M01_NEW.nc><SAVE_pcp.gs>_______________________________________________