[gradsusr] Error Opening Canopy To be Used With PyGrADS

Perry, Aaron @ LSC Aaron.Perry at lsc.vsc.edu
Sun Nov 10 22:59:27 EST 2013

I've installed Canopy on my Linux CentOS machine to be used with PyGrADS and whenever I try to run it from the terminal, I get the following error message:

/usr/local/lib/canopy/canopy: line 3: /usr/local/lib/canopy/bin/python: cannot execute binary file
/usr/local/lib/canopy/canopy: line 3: /usr/local/lib/canopy/bin/python: Success

At first, I thought that perhaps it was a permissions issue but I've since given rwx permissions to the folder and I still can't get Canopy to open correctly.

Also, whenever I try to run Canopy from the Applications menu, nothing happens.

Help?

Onward and Upward,

Aaron Perry
Boston, MA