[gradsusr] Figure Resolution

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Nov 5 15:22:47 EST 2013

On Nov 5, 2013, at 1:38 PM, Scott Weaver - NOAA Federal wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am creating plots with shading and recently noticed that the plots do not look as crisp as they once did. In this example I am using Grads version 2.0.1. Is there a new convention to make plots? I used to do something like this but now my figures look like a chess board
>
> enable print figure.gmf
> print
> disable print
> !gxeps -c figure.gmf -o figure.eps
This set of command produces a vector graphic, which should not suffer from resolution issues -- it may be more of a problem with the tool you are using to display it on screen. If you send figure.eps to a printer and it looks funny, then there is something wrong.

> so I tried simply using the printim command but as I've said the figures look very low res.  Is there something new that I am missing?
If you want a high res image with printim, there are options to control the size, something like this:
ga-> printim test.png x2048 y1536

--Jennifer

> Thanks for your help.

> Scott