[gradsusr] Get direction of max wind in hourly time serie of a point

Martin V. Mathew vmartinmathew at gmail.com
Thu May 30 02:59:17 EDT 2013

Hi
I think you can try following two steps to obtain the direction of maximum
wind.

First you have to find the hour of the day in which have maximum wind speed
(use mag and maxloc commands).
http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gadocindex.html

After identifying the particular hour use trigonometric function *atan2() *to
obtain the angle.
 http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/functionsatt.html

Regards
Martin

On 29 May 2013 21:42, claudiomet <claudiomet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings users.
>
> I'm writing a script to extract data of a single point in ascii file
> (my data set is hourly and I'm extracting daily vaues of max temp, min
> temp, max wind, max rel hum, etc... solved).
>
> But my problem is that I need to obtain the direction of the wind at
> the hour of the max wind intensity and the prevailing wind of the day
> ¿How can I do this?
>
> Thanks in advance !

Martin V. Mathew
Research scholar
Centre for Oceans, Rivers, Atmosphere and Land Sciences (CORAL)
IIT Kharagpur
India.