[gradsusr] sdfopen on mac

Qian, JianHua JianHua_Qian at uml.edu
Wed May 29 16:47:36 EDT 2013

Thanks, Jennifer!    I am not familiar with xdfopen.
Could you give me samples of  xdfopen control and gs files, so that I can copy and paste?

Joshua

From: Jennifer Adams <jma at cola.iges.org<mailto:jma at cola.iges.org>>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 14:36:28 -0400
To: GrADS Users Forum <gradsusr at gradsusr.org<mailto:gradsusr at gradsusr.org>>
Subject: Re: [gradsusr] sdfopen on mac

On May 29, 2013, at 2:16 PM, Qian, JianHua wrote:

Dear Grads users,

When I use sdfopen on my Mac OS X laptop:
sdfopen uwnd.1979.nc uwnd.%y4.nc 10958
This syntax was deprecated with GrADS 2.0. Unfortunately, I never updated the documentation to indicate this change. If you want to template netcdf files, you have to use xdfopen or open.

It only read data in uwnd.1979.nc,  but not the data in uwnd.1980.nc and after, with errors like:
 set t          627
Time values set: 1980:9:18:0 1980:9:18:0
 d uwnd
Data Request Warning:  Request is completely outside file limits
  Entire grid contents are set to missing data

It worked on other computers, but not on mac (but I have only mac now).
You did not specify, but you must be using a very old verison of GrADS on those other computers…

Thanks!
Joshua

Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA