[gradsusr] Higher resolution for GeoTIFFs

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Wed May 29 12:20:53 EDT 2013

The resolution of the GeoTIFF is determined by the resolution of the data. If you want to increase the resolution, you can use lterp() to interpolate to a finer grid, then write out the GeoTIFF using the interpolated data. You can use a dummy descriptor file to set the grid to be anything you want, then use the internal variable 'lat' or 'lon' in the lterp command for the destination grid.

Dummy descriptors look like this:

dset ^foo
title dummy descriptor file
options template
xdef <you define these to be whatever you want>
ydef
zdef
tdef
undef -9.99e8
vars 1
foo 0 0 foo
endvars

http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradfunclterp.html

--Jennifer

On May 29, 2013, at 5:56 AM, Matthias Jaros wrote:

> Dear grads users,
>
> is there a possibility to create GeoTIFFs with larger resolution? I am
> using the GeoTIFFs later on to render image tiles using Mapnik and you
> can see every pixel very clearly on larger zoom levels because of the
> low resolution of the tiff file.

Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA
4041 Powder Mill Road, Suite 302