[gradsusr] cbar.gs

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Wed May 29 12:05:40 EDT 2013

Inside GrADS, color 0 is black, color 1 is white; by default the background is 0 and the foreground is 1. The foreground is used for annotation, axis labels, frame color, etc, unless you explicitly change the color of these graphics elements. If you use 'set display color white', then the background is 1 and the foreground is 0. If you use the 'white' or 'black' options with printim, then they can switch again. The 'set background' command allows you to use any color at all for the background. Check your display script or your printim command for overrides, and check your script that draws the color bar for conflicts.
--Jennifer

On May 29, 2013, at 8:36 AM, Marie Staerk wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am having a white background and uses a color legend. That results in that the values next to the legend do not show since the normally are white.
>
> Is there a simple command that I can use in my .gs file which change the color on the values from white to black?
>
> Kind Regards
> Marie

Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA