[gradsusr] What is the best approach when using two file sources when ... ?

Howard Staines metris at xtra.co.nz
Wed May 29 01:26:48 EDT 2013

Good afternoon fellow Grads users,

I want to use two different data sources

1, Opendap 	GFS 0.5 degree data for precipitation with 3hourly time
steps
2, Opendap	high resolution topography one time step and I think about
8minute resolution.

The purpose is to use the 1 dataset for precipitation and freezing level
calculation in meters and mask with 2, dataset using to display snowfall
Over high resolution topography.

My understanding is that you cant open these dataset as the aren't the same
resolution and time step compatable.

Do I combine the data and create a local file, would I need to use
interpolation like re() function over the dataset nos 1.

Any assistance well.

Regards Howard Staines
Metris Limited
New Zealand