[gradsusr] Open text file and output as a csv format in GRADS

Lyndon Mark Olaguera olagueralyndonmark429 at gmail.com
Mon May 27 23:26:24 EDT 2013

Hi all,
I have station data in a text file and I want to read it using grads and
output as a csv file.
The problem is the dates are separated by a backslash...
here's a sample format:

The text file contains the following data.

yy/mm/dd/hh               pressure           rain
TEMPERATURE      wind speed
2012/08/06/00               10000               2.5
300                   45

I want to oputput this in a csv format such that the the years, months,
days, and hours are in separated in columns...
like:

yy             mm           dd      hh      rain
temperature           wind speed

I can't do it in fortran so i guess its easier to do this in GRADs..

thanks for any help.
Lyndon