[gradsusr] About my problem to extract data to text format from nc file

Mohsen Soltani soltani.clima at gmail.com
Thu May 23 01:32:35 EDT 2013

Hi Jaya,

Use ncdump tool to convert netCDF file to text form: first look at the
structure of the data in the netCDF file *e.g.* SLP.nc <http://foo.nc/>:

ncdump -c SLP.nc <http://foo.nc/>

And then produce an annotated text version of the structure and data in the
netCDF file SLP.nc <http://foo.nc/>*:*

ncdump -b c SLP.nc <http://foo.nc/> > SLP.txt

This will produce a txt file, which is editable. For more information, see
the following link:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/ncdump-man-1.html

Mohsen

--
some are weather-wise some are otherwise!
e-mail: soltani.clima at gmail.com