[gradsusr] Problems in conversion of Grads to GRIB1

Gualberto Hernandez Juarez gualberto.hernandez at iie.org.mx
Wed Mar 27 01:33:10 EDT 2013

Friends,

I'm converting the output of MM5 forecast to GRIB1, but I have problems with the variable Pressure Reduced to MSL [Pa]. Using the command wgrib I get for this variable:

min / max data 124 043 -75.9577

Which is illogical.

The procedure is as follows:

1. MM5toGrADS, to obtain the output GRADS
2. lats4d, to convert from grads to GRIB1 using a parameter table with the command:

lats4d.sh-v-q-i-o MMOUT_DOMAIN1.grb MMOUT_DOMAIN1.ctl grib-table-format-freq 1 hourly para_table.tab

3. looking at the contents of my file MMOUT_DOMAIN1.grb, with the command wgrib -V, results:

Pressure Reduced to MSL [Pa].
min / max data 124 043 -75.9577

Can you tell me where I'm wrong step?, Values ​​for Pressure Reduced to MSL [Pa]. are illogical.

This link is my output grads, and the parameters table I am using:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96409134/output%20MM5%20in%20GRADS%20and%20para_table.tab.zip <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96409134/output%20MM5%20in%20GRADS%20and%20para_table.tab.zip>

Thanks for your help!
Gualberto