[gradsusr] merging time steps

Lee Byerle lbyerle at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 12 00:17:36 EDT 2013

Kaikombo,

Here is a script that will merge daily averaged temperature fields for a single level, from multiple years (NCEP Reanalysis) into a single grib2 file using g2grb.gs (see web link).

Best,
Lee

'reinit'
iyear=2006
*iyear=1948

while (iyear <= 2012)
 'sdfopen  http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/thredds/dodsC/Datasets/ncep.reanalysis.dailyavgs/pressure/air.'iyear'.nc'
 'q file'
 res=sublin(result,5)
 tsize=subwrd(res,12)
 say tsize
 tim = 1
 'set x 1 144'
 'set y 1 73'
while (tim <= tsize)
  'set t 'tim
  'define var=air(lev=10)'
  'g2grb var +merged_t10_daily_b20060101.e20120728.grb2 TMP:10 mb:anl:packing=j:center=7'
  tim=tim+1
endwhile
 'close 1'
 iyear=iyear+1