[gradsusr] integrating with respect to ln p instead of p

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 14:00:33 EST 2013

Jonathan,
If you're trying to compute something like CAPE in the form of CAPE =
integral of R*T'/T*d(ln p), then the expression d(ln p) just evaluates to
dp/p.  So to integrate via ln p, I think your expression would just become
sum(expr/lev,lev=1000,lev=125).  Would it not?

Jeff Duda

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM, Jonathan Wynn Smith <
jwynnsmith.help at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> For an integral with respect to pressure, I can simply use sum(expr,
> lev=1000, lev=125), but what about the integrating with respect to lnp
> (natural log of pressure) as opposed to p?  Is there an expression for
> this.  It does not seem vint works in this case.
>
> Thanks
> Jonathan
>
> --
> *Jonathan Wynn Smith, PhD.*