[gradsusr] Stream lines

Ralf Jaiser ralf.jaiser at awi.de
Tue Jun 11 11:16:25 EDT 2013

Hello everybody

I have a technical question about GrADS. How does the 'set gxout stream'
display option calculates the stream lines. Is it really calculating the
stream function in background and so on or is there any other numerical
approach used. I need some technical details for my work.

I am aware of the fish functions in OpenGrADS, but they seem to be
unable to solve the problem for the zonal mean circulation. Anyway, if
'set gxout stream' solves my problem, I dont need to bother with fishes ;)

Thanks
Ralf

--
Ralf Jaiser

Alfred-Wegener-Institut Helmholtz-Zentrum für Polar- und Meeresforschung
Research Unit Potsdam
Atmospheric Circulations

Telegrafenberg A45 Room 207
14473 Potsdam