[gradsusr] error: index exceeds dimension bound

Sagar P Parajuli psagar at utexas.edu
Mon Jun 3 00:21:52 EDT 2013

Hi all,
I am trying to open output netcdf file of community land model run and was
able to open the file using the following control file using xdfopen:

dset ^./Final_era_sagar.clm2.h0.2003-01-01-00000.nc
dtype netcdf
options template 365_day_calendar
xdef lon 288 linear 0 1.25
ydef lat 192 linear -90 0.9375
tdef time 0 linear 1JAN2003 3hr
undef 1e+36

However, when I try to display some variables it shows the following error:
NetCDF Error (gancrow, nc_get_vara_double): NetCDF: Index exceeds dimension
bound
Data Request Error:  Error for variable 'dstflxt'
  Error ocurred at column 1
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
  Expression = dstflxt

I checked the ncdump and confirmed that the variable dstflxt exist there. I
also note the following info about time:
 time = UNLIMITED ; // (0 currently)

The problem is that grads is not displaying any variable and displaying the
same error message though the file is opened successfully.

What could be the issue? please help.

--

**
Sincerely,