[gradsusr] Can't open .nc file in Grads in Linux machine!

Mohsen Soltani soltani.clima at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 11:14:25 EDT 2013

Mahakur,

I typed "./grads" in bin folder as follows:
******************************
mohsen at mohsen-M68M-S2P:~$ ls
bin  hgt.nc slp.nc
mohsen at mohsen-M68M-S2P:~$ cd bin/
mohsen at mohsen-M68M-S2P:~/bin$ ls
bufrscan   font2.dat  grads      gxeps   INSTALL  tables
COPYRIGHT  font3.dat  grib2scan  gxps    lowres   udunits.dat
font0.dat  font4.dat  gribmap    gxtran  mres     wgrib
font1.dat  font5.dat  gribscan   hires   stnmap
mohsen at mohsen-M68M-S2P:~/bin$ grads
The program 'grads' is currently not installed.  You can install it by
typing:
sudo apt-get install grads
mohsen at mohsen-M68M-S2P:~/bin$ ./grads
bash: ./grads: Permission denied
***********************
As you see, it says: permission denied.
Later typed:
************
mohsen at mohsen-M68M-S2P:~/bin$ export GADDIR=/home/mohsen/bin/grads/
mohsen at mohsen-M68M-S2P:~/bin$
******
mohsen at mohsen-M68M-S2P:~/bin$ export GASCRP=/home/mohsen/bin/grads/
****
mohsen at mohsen-M68M-S2P:~/bin$ export GAUDFT=/home/mohsen/bin/grads/
mohsen at mohsen-M68M-S2P:~/bin$
I tried 3-ways, but nothing happened!
and tried:
mohsen at mohsen-M68M-S2P:~/bin$ setenv GADDIR=/home/mohsen/bin/grads/
No command 'setenv' found, did you mean:
 Command 'netenv' from package 'netenv' (universe)
setenv: command not found

It seems that I should give it up! and continue to work with windows...

Thanks anyway,
Mohsen

--
some are weather-wise some are otherwise!
e-mail: soltani.clima at gmail.com