[gradsusr] GrADS Loop Help

Emily Wilson wilson.emily.parker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 16:25:46 EDT 2013

Hi Martin,
Thank you so much for preparing this script.  I do have a few questions
however....
(1)  I would like to get max/min temps for multiple specific lat/long
coordinates.  To do that would I just change the set lat and set lon
lines?  Should I change then the x= and y= that come after the set lat and
set lon definitions or leave those as is?
 (2)  As of now when I run the script it says "Opening input file
air.sig995.1948.nc" 63 times with the corresponding years but no numerical
data is provided.  I haven't specified where to write the data to a table
but shouldn't it still be displayed?
(3) Attached is a script I am using also to get the temps (not max and min)
for each month in each year.  I am thinking that if I can just get temps
for each month in each year then I can use excel to sort through the data
to get the max and mins.  However something is wrong in this script and I
get the continuous error message "Data is completely outside file limits."
At a glace, do you see what is coded wrong in this script?
Thank you so much,
Emily

*Emily P. Wilson, Intern*
Research and Conservation Department