[gradsusr] Hello to all users of Grads

Mohsen Soltani soltani.clima at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 05:59:48 EDT 2013

Hi Avi,

I'm not quite sure what to say about your script. But you may use the
following commands to draw average trend+ boxes of standard deviation for
your variable.

****************
var='slp/100'
minlat='36'
maxlat='37'
minlon='49'
maxlon='55'
tlast=28
'set x 1'
'set y 1'
'set t 1 'tlast
'define mean =
tloop(aave('var',lon='minlon',lon='maxlon',lat='minlat',lat='maxlat'))'
'define pstd = mean +
tloop(aave(sqrt(pow('var'-mean,2)),lon='minlon',lon='maxlon',lat='minlat',lat='maxlat'))'
'define mstd = mean -
tloop(aave(sqrt(pow('var'-mean,2)),lon='minlon',lon='maxlon',lat='minlat',lat='maxlat'))'
'set vrange 1004 1028'
'set t 0.28 'tlast+0.28
'set gxout bar'
'd mstd;pstd'
'set gxout line'
'd mean'
The attached is the output of the above commands. As you sea, I used SLP
variable for a period of time in my work. But, you can apply it for any
variable at different levels of the atmosphere.

Hope you find it useful!

Mohsen

--
April showers bring May flowers!