[gradsusr] HELP TO OPEN FILES

Abatan Abayomi yomiabatan69 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 16:40:16 EDT 2013

Arturo,

In which of the files is air and uwnd? If for example the variable air is
located in file 2, then you need to type:

 'display (air.2 - 273.4)',

and if uwnd is located in file 3, then type:

 'display uwnd.3'

Hope that work for you.

Abayomi

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Arturo Hernandez Rosales <
ahernandezro at ipn.mx> wrote:

> DEAR USERS
>
> HELLO DEAR USERS GRADS, ANYONE CAN TELL ME HOW TO OPEN MORE THAN TWO
> FILES IN MY SCRIPTS, I HAVE THE FOLLOWING MISTAKE, THANKS FOR YOUR
> HELP.
>
> MY SCRIPTS
>
> 'sdfopen D:/NETCDF/LEVEL_PRESURE.nc'
> 'sdfopen D:/NETCDF/USURFACEWIND.nc'
> 'sdfopen D:/NETCDF/t_mar2003.nc'
>

> 'set font 5'
> 'set display color white'
> 'display pres'
> *'display pr_wtr'
> 'display (air-273.4)'
> 'display uwnd'
> 'run cbarn'
> 'set grads on'
>
> 'printim SURFACEWIND.png'
>
> 'end'
>
> AND MY MISTAKE
>
> Syntax Error:  Invalid Operand
>    'air' not a variable or function name
>    Error ocurred at column 2
> DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
>    Expression = (air-273.4)
> Syntax Error:  Invalid Operand
>    'uwnd' not a variable or function name
>    Error ocurred at column 1
> DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
>    Expression = uwnd
> Syntax Error:  Invalid Operand
>    'uwnd' not a variable or function name
>    Error ocurred at column 1
> DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
>    Expression = uwnd
> ga->
>

> SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!, THANKS
>
> ATT:
> M. en C. ARTURO HERNANDEZ ROSALES
> ESIA TICOMAN CIENCIAS DE LA TIERRA IPN
> DEPARTAMENTO DE GEOFISICA
> AREA: DINAMICA Y ESTABILIDAD DE FLUJOS
>               ATMOSFERICOS
> TEL: 57296000, EXT. 56125
> MEXICO. D.F

>  correo  as&iacute;  como  la  contenida  en  los documentos que se
> adjuntan, pueden ser objeto de solicitudes de acceso a la
> informaci&oacute;n. Vis&iacute;tanos:<a href="http://www.ipn.mx">
> www.ipn.mx</a></font>

          Trust in the Lord......
*   Abayomi A. Abatan                             *   +1 515 572 4490
(Home)       *
*   Geo. and Atmos. Sci.                           *   +1 515 294 1321
(Office)       *
*   Iowa State University, Ames                 *   +1 515 203 9020 (Cell)
        *
*   Iowa. USA.                                          *
                               *

*   Abayomi A. Abatan                             *   234-802-724-7846 (out
of service)     *
*   Fed. Univ. of Tech.,                              *   234-803-217-8815
(out of service)    *
*   SEMS, PMB 704 Akure                        *
                               *
*   Ondo Nigeria.                                      *
                                       *