[gradsusr] Tutorial Question

Thomas Robinson ter at hawaii.edu
Mon Jan 28 20:13:02 EST 2013

Nathan,

If you have GrADS installed and available in in your path on a linux
system, you should be able to install the files you want in any directory
as long as they are in the same directory.  In the command prompt, try
"which grads".  If it shows you a GrADS file, then GrADS is in your path.
Then execute GrADS in the directory that the files are in.

Hope that's helpful.

-Tom

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Nathaniel J Wolfe
<nathanwolfe at utexas.edu>wrote:

> Dear GrADS users,
>
>      I am unable to load the files from the GrADS tutorial such as
> "model.ctl" and "model.grb" because I am unable to find a local directory
> to place them in.  Does anybody know what an appropriate directory would
> look like?  Thanks in advance.
>

>                                                                       Sincerely,
>
> -Nathan

Tom Robinson
President - Graduate Student Organization
Graduate Student - Department of Meteorology
732-718-2323