[gradsusr] Mask out and undefined Question

Dana Doubler doublerd at msu.edu
Wed Jan 23 11:01:37 EST 2013

Hi there,

We are preparing climatological maps of the frequency and
characteristics of jet maxima from gridded data.  On these maps we would
like to "mask out" area with high elevations (>2 km) and also "mask out"
areas  were no jets were reported in our study period.  We do not want
the "0" or "missing value" indicators to be considered in the GrADS
interpolation process.  We are using the command "undef" to define a
masking value.  Ideally, however, we would like to show on the
climatological maps the areas that have been masked due to high
elevation in one color and the areas that have been masked because of no
jet occurrences in another color.  We haven't been able to figure out
how to do this.  Is this possible in GrADS?  Thanks in advance for your
help.

Dana