[gradsusr] HDF5-DIAG error

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Jan 22 12:39:16 EST 2013

Hi, Jonathan --
I guess you figured out what was wrong with your descriptor file (re: earlier email with a 'gaophdf error') -- did you change the DTYPE to hdf5_grid?

The error message here is from the HDF5 library, not from GrADS, but it appears there is something amiss regarding the chunking. You haven't really provided enough information, such as
1. what version of GrADS you're using, and on what operating system ('q config' output)
2. the descriptor file you're using
3. the output from h5dump, or ncdump or some other tool that could show what's in your file
4. The image with streaks
--Jennifer

On Jan 22, 2013, at 12:28 PM, Jonathan Wynn Smith wrote:

> Hello
>
> When I open a set of 30 control files for an 30 .he5, I obtain the following errors while its plotting:
>
> HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.8.7) thread 0:
>   #000: H5Pdcpl.c line 923 in H5Pget_chunk(): not a chunked storage layout
>     major: Invalid arguments to routine
>     minor: Bad value
>
> So I get a plot, but the data is plot in streaks with a significant amount of the lower values
>
> Does anyone have solutions to error?
>
> Thanks Jonathan

Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA