[gradsusr] statistical parameters

Muhammad Yunus Ahmad Mazuki ukm.yunus at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 00:42:26 EST 2013

You need to write out a script for the things you want to do. You have
to translate any mathematical formula that you want to use into
commands that GrADS can understand. Example
'jun1982=u(time=jun1982)'
'jul1982=u(time=jul1982)'
'aug1982=u(time=aug1982)'
'sumwint1982=jun1982+jul1982+aug1982'
'compwint1982=(jun1982+jul1982+aug1982)/3'
'junave=ave(u,t=6,t=360,12)'
'julave=ave(u,t=7,t=360,12)'
'augave=ave(u,t=8,t=360,12)'
'wintave=(junave+julave+augave)/3'
'anomwint1982=wint1982-wintave'
'stdevwint=sqrt((ave(pow(junave-u,2),t=6,t=360,12)+ave(pow(julave-u,2),t=7,t=360,12)+ave(pow(junaug-u,2),t=8,t=360,12))/3))'

This is for plotting anomalies and standardised anomalies. Depending
on what you need, you have to write what you need to get what you
need. Furthermore, if you need to take a partucular time series, its
going to be a long script.