[gradsusr] setting time with intervals

Sagar P Parajuli psagar at utexas.edu
Tue Jan 15 09:47:19 EST 2013

Hi Jeff,
I think I didn't clarify my question. I am writing control file for
extracting some wind speed data corresponding to particular time of a day.
What I could do in grads is:
 set t 1 last
But I want to do this skipping certain values eg. I want values
corresponding to t = 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, etc (i.e. with certain interval). So, I
need to skip some data and only extract those datas.
How can I do this?

Thank you so much again.

Sagar

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 11:13 PM, Jeff Duda <jeffduda319 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Time interval is specified in the control file used to open the data file.
>  However, if you used xdfopen or sdfopen, there may be a different way to
> determine the time interval.  In those cases, you should be able to find it
> by dumping the contents.  If your data are in netCDF format, for example,
> you could use ncdump -h (data file) to find out.
>
> Jeff Duda
>
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 9:47 PM, Sagar P Parajuli <psagar at utexas.edu>wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I need to extract wind speed data at a particular time (12:00 pm only)
>> everyday from the 6 hourly data of one year. So I need to set time as,
>> t = 1, 1460, 2 (start, end, interval). How is the time interval specified
>> in grads?
>>
>> Thank you very much for your help.
>>

>> **
>>

>> * *
>>
>> *Sagar P. Parajuli*
>>
>> **Graduate Research Assistant
>>
>> The University of Texas at Austin
>> Jackson School of Geosciences
>> e-mail: psagar at utexas.edu
>> Contact: +1 512 965 4093

> Jeff Duda
> Graduate research assistant
> University of Oklahoma School of Meteorology
> Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms

**
Best regards,

* *

e-mail: psagar at utexas.edu