[gradsusr] need help writing grads script

Kishore Babu kishoreragi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 05:34:21 EST 2013

Dear users,

I want to calculate spatial correlation among every 10 degree zones,
horizontally and vertically.

spatial correlation command for grads is
scorr(var1,var2,lon=0,lon=360,lat=0,lat=10)

My script should look like the following...

'sdfopen model.nc'
'set z 1 8'
'define scorr(var1,var2,lon=0,lon=360,lat=0,lat=-10)'
'sdfwrite corr.nc'

 This code is giving nc file having only one zone of (0 to 10), but I want
to have a file for all 10 degree zones in southern and northern hemisphere.
I am sure I am having trouble getting the loop here.

Could you please anyone help with the script.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Kishore