[gradsusr] DODS versus GRIB data?

Mark Sponsler msponsler at comcast.net
Mon Jan 14 13:50:15 EST 2013

Yes me too. Several variables are constant values =0.  Normally all works fine. We probably need to open a ticket with the nomads help desk.

Thanks,
Mark

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note™Stephen McMillan <smcmillan at planalytics.com> wrote:I've had similar issues as well, starting early Friday/11th.  Access appears to be hit and miss.
Stephen McMillan
Planalytics, Inc.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Howard Staines <metris at clear.net.nz> wrote:
Good morning fellow Grads users,

I have been having some problems over the last few days with the Nomads dods
data server (GFS 0.5 degree forecast model). Is anyone else having issues
with Nomads main data server?
http:nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods

It appears to go off line/ time out with.
Is acquiring GRIB data a better option? Ie/ reliable

What is the best way of getting GRIB data for a limited area. Best way
simple/ ideally
Able to automate?

Regards

Howard Staines

     Metris Limited

WEATHER FORECAST SERVICES

phone 0800 372 433 - mobile 027 2785586 - P O Box 24 FEATHERSTON
email info at metris.co.nz - info at metscape.net.nz - website www.metris.co.nz -
www.metscape.net.nz

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary.

If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.