[gradsusr] DODS versus GRIB data?

Stephen McMillan smcmillan at planalytics.com
Mon Jan 14 13:42:54 EST 2013

I've had similar issues as well, starting early Friday/11th.  Access
appears to be hit and miss.
Stephen McMillan
Planalytics, Inc.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Howard Staines <metris at clear.net.nz> wrote:

> Good morning fellow Grads users,
>

> I have been having some problems over the last few days with the Nomads
> dods
> data server (GFS 0.5 degree forecast model). Is anyone else having issues
> with Nomads main data server?
> http:nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods
>
> It appears to go off line/ time out with.
> Is acquiring GRIB data a better option? Ie/ reliable
>
> What is the best way of getting GRIB data for a limited area. Best way
> simple/ ideally
> Able to automate?
>
> Regards
>
> Howard Staines
>
>      Metris Limited
>
> WEATHER FORECAST SERVICES
>
> phone 0800 372 433 - mobile 027 2785586 - P O Box 24 FEATHERSTON
> email info at metris.co.nz - info at metscape.net.nz - website www.metris.co.nz-
> www.metscape.net.nz

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary.

If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.