[gradsusr] Use of basemap and country shape file to maskout land features

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Fri Feb 22 11:44:57 EST 2013

You could use a shapefile instead of basemap for your continental outlines. Use 'set shpopts' to control the filling color (default is to draw polygons unfilled). Draw your plot with 'set map draw off', then draw the shapefile with the continental outlines filled using the background color, then draw it again unfilled with the color you desire for the continental outlines.
--Jennifer

On Feb 22, 2013, at 4:46 AM, See Hai Ooi wrote:

> Dear all,
>
>         As shown in the attached figure, I used basemap and country shape file consecutively to maskout the land feature so as to display only the chlorophyll-a concentration portion over the sea.  Unfortunately, the available global map resolution in basemap is only medium.  Is there any alternate solution to clip the land portion perfectly for my stated purpose ?  I use window version of OpenGrADS version 2.0.1.oga.1.
>
>        Your help will be greatly appreciated.
>
>       Best regards.
>
> Ooi

Jennifer M. Adams