[gradsusr] ploting probmlems

kombo kai kaikombo at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 19:47:53 EST 2013

Hi Jennifer and all otherd grads users
I do still have the problem of writing the enviromental verticle shear.nc filesd using the grads
I have the u and v winds components from NCEP/NCAR reanalysis
I ave done the follwing towrite these data sets
sdfopen d:/vorticity/uwnd.mon.mean.nc
sdfopen d/vorticity/vwnd.mon.mean.nc
 set lon 0 360
set lat -90 90
set t 1 778
set z 10
set x 1 144
set y 1 73
define U1=uwnd(z=10)
defineV1=vwnd.2(z=10)
set z 3
define U2=uwnd(z=3)
define V2=vwnd.2(z=3)
define U=U1-U2
define V=V1-V2
define evws28=sqrt(U*U+V*V)
set sdfwrite d:/vorticty/evws28.nc
sdfwrite evws28
when I opened the evws28.nc and the set the following for plotinf
I get data on only the 0 120E and misses the data for -70 0
e.g.
sdfopen d:/vorticity/ews28.nc
set lon -70 120
set lat -45 45
set t 5
d evws28
this display only the 0 120 E and misses -70W 0
please Jennifer and others tell me how to fix this problem ? could it be the problem of negative values of the sqrt
Please help me on how to fix it
rgds
kaikombo
: