[gradsusr] using re() to regrid NARR

Wesley Ebisuzaki - NOAA Federal wesley.ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Wed Feb 20 15:48:24 EST 2013

Roberto,

   NARR starts on the model grid and bilinearly interpolated to a Lambert
conformal grid (most fields).  The first thing that GrADS does is to
bilineaerly interpolate
the field to a regular lat-lon grid as defined by the XDEF and YDEF in the
ctl
file.  Finally you want to interpolate another time to get a 0.25 x 0.25
grid.
That's one interpolation too many.

Method 1.   What I would do.

Use copygb to convert to the 0.25 x 0.25 degree grid.
This works if your files are GRIB.

Method 2.  Change the GrADS control fiile.

   You can modify the XDEF and YDEF in the ctl file so that GrADS internal
    grid is the desired 0.25 x 0.25  degree grid.  No need to interpolate.

   Good luck,
   Wesley