[gradsusr] Problem templating nc files

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 12:36:03 EST 2013

Wow, the value of undef looks pretty ridiculous.  Are you sure of it?
Since all of your vars would use non-negative values, probably anything
negative would suffice for the value of undef.

Your first time value in your TDEF line doesn't look to match the first
times you want to plot.  It looks like you want to plot data from 1979, but
your first time is in 1985, so you'd have to use negative time values to
access that first file of data (which you didn't...you started chsub at 1).

Lastly, I assume you knew which years in that time were leap years so you
used the correct numbers for each chsub entry.  If you change the things
above and still have problems, recheck to make sure you have the correct
number of time steps to represent each data file.

Jeff Duda

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 10:03 AM, Luis Blacutt <luis.blacutt at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have five nc files, I generated a ctl file to open them all as follows.
>
> dset ^EraInterim%ch.nc
> chsub     1  4384 1979-1984
> chsub  4385  8766 1985-1990
> chsub  8767 13150 1991-1996
> chsub 13151 17532 1997-2002
> chsub 17533 21916 2003-2008
> chsub 21917 24776 2009-2012
> undef 200000004008175468544.000000
> options template little_endian yrev
> dtype netcdf
> xdef 36 linear 274.500000 1.500000
> ydef 46 linear -55.500000 1.500000
> zdef 1 linear 1 1
> tdef 24776 linear 06:00Z01jan1985 12hr
> vars 4
> t2m 0  t,y,x  2-metre temperature [K]
> cp  0  t,y,x  Convective precipitation
> lsp 0  t,y,x  Stratiform precipitation (Large-scale precipitation)
> tp  0  t,y,x  Total precipitation
> endvars
>
> Apparently I succeeded, however the values I get are totally wrong. At
> this point I'm clueless, can anyone help me out?
>
> Best regards
> Luis

Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant