[gradsusr] limits on defined variable names

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 23:43:22 EST 2013

Hello,
I know there is a limit to the length of the name of a script variable, but
is there an analogous limit to the name of a field defined in Grads?  For
example,

'define tave = ave(t,z=1,z=30)'

Would there be a problem if I did something like

'define thisvariableisvalidat300mbandmaybetoolong = hgtprs(lev=300)'

even though I followed the other rules regarding naming of fields?

Jeff Duda

--
Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant