[gradsusr] Reanalysis from ECMWF

Marie Staerk mariestaerk at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 12 10:50:12 EST 2013

Thx :)

Kind regards
Marie

From: chilukotinagaraju at gmail.com
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 16:41:44 +0530
To: gradsusr at gradsusr.org
Subject: Re: [gradsusr] Reanalysis from ECMWF

Hi !!!

        you can create ctl file using grib2ctl script which available at  http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/wesley/grib2ctl.html

  With Cheers

   Nagaraju

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Marie Staerk <mariestaerk at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello I am a meteorology student from Sweden and I am doing my bachelor thesis.

I am a beginner in using GrADS and I have a problem when I work with ECMWF reanalysis (ERA-Interim). I download them in GRIB-format (1.5x15 resolution) and then tries to decode them with wgrib. I don´t get any information about the lon and lat, but since I have the resolution from the download, that shouldn´t be any problem.

Then I create the .ctl file and tries to run the script. Then an error code shows for every value saying: GRIB grid size does not match descriptor and I do not get any matches. I have defined XDEF as XDEF 240 linear 0.0 1.5 and YDEF as YDEF 121 linear -90.0 1.5.

The strange thing is that it does not work on my computers but he same .ctl works at my friend´s computer and I do not have any problem using grib2-files.

Kind Regards
Marie Staerk

gradsusr at gradsusr.org

 Nagaraju Chilukoti Computational Earth Science Group,

 Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC)
 Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind Pune 411007
 020- 25704226

 Mob. 08087384939 nagarajuc at cdac.in

 chilukotinagaraju at gmail.com