[gradsusr] Aqua_AIRS_Level3/AIRX3STD.005 using opendap

M.Mahakur mmahakur at tropmet.res.in
Fri Feb 1 10:43:44 EST 2013

Respected All,

I tried to access the L3 AIRX3STD v5 of AQUA/AIRS data using opendap:

sdfopen http://acdisc.gsfc.nasa.gov/opendap/Aqua_AIRS_Level3/AIRX3STD.005//2008/AIRS.2008.01.01.L3.RetStd001.v5.2.2.0.G08066120251.hdf

It opened with the error: SDF file has no discernable time coordinate -- using default values.

Hence it printed a wrong value for time (as below):

SDF file http://acdisc.gsfc.nasa.gov/opendap/Aqua_AIRS_Level3/AIRX3STD.005//2008/AIRS.2008.06.30.L3.RetStd001.v5.2.2.0.G08184124505.hdf is open as file 1
LON set to 0 360
LAT set to -89.5 89.5
LEV set to 0 0
Time values set: 1:1:1:0 1:1:1:0
E set to 1 1
ga-> q file
File 1 :
  Descriptor: http://acdisc.gsfc.nasa.gov/opendap/Aqua_AIRS_Level3/AIRX3STD.005//2008/AIRS.2008.06.30.L3.RetStd001.v5.2.2.0.G08184124505.hdf
  Binary: http://acdisc.gsfc.nasa.gov/opendap/Aqua_AIRS_Level3/AIRX3STD.005//2008/AIRS.2008.06.30.L3.RetStd001.v5.2.2.0.G08184124505.hdf
  Type = Gridded
  Xsize = 360  Ysize = 180  Zsize = 24  Tsize = 1  Esize = 1
  Number of Variables = 137

The major problem is it does not show all varibles. The no. of varibales are much larger than 137! I tried with opengrads also, the same problem.

How can I solve this? I am sure lot of users are using this data ..

Regards and Thanks,

Mahakur