[gradsusr] "No Files Open" When Running In Batch Mode

James T. Potemra jimp at hawaii.edu
Thu Dec 26 20:02:49 EST 2013

Aaron:

Alright, sublin actually returns two lines, a return code (line 1) and
the value (line 2), so "sublin(d,1)" is incorrect.  Can you try this:

'!date +"%Y%m%d" > date.formatted'
d = read('date.formatted')
sysdate = sublin(d,2)
'draw string 4.0 4.0 'sysdate

If you save this to a script and run it, you should get the date as a
string right in the center of the GrADS display window.  If this
works we can at least eliminate the "date" and re-direct issues.

Jim