[gradsusr] "No Files Open" When Running In Batch Mode

Perry, Aaron @ LSC Aaron.Perry at lsc.vsc.edu
Thu Dec 26 00:56:43 EST 2013

Good Morning All,

Currently, I'm having an issue where "No Files Open" pops up every time that I run GrADS in Batch Mode (grads -clb).

This results in the Valid Forecast Time not being displayed on my plots. At first, I thought that it was an issue of the 'set t 1' placement after 'reinit', as I'm using g2ctl/gribmap ctl files.

I've sort of narrowed this down to just a batch mode problem because, when I open the .gs file with 'grads -l' , "No Files Open" does not pop up and the Valid Forecast Time shows up on the plot.

Has anybody else had this issue before?

Onward and Upward,

Aaron Perry
Boston, MA