[gradsusr] overlay images and printim

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Dec 10 08:57:55 EST 2013

On Dec 9, 2013, at 11:22 AM, antonia.dimaio at cnr.it wrote:

> Hi to all
> I'm trying to overlap vector plane to shaded
>
> set gxout shaded
> d mag(u,v)
> set gxout vector
> d skip(u,5,5);skip(v,5,5)
>
> the new image does not overlap but replaces the previous one
You should be able to see the shaded contours underneath the vectors, unless the vector field is too dense. Try a test in a small domain to make sure. As an alternative, you can colorize the vectors with the magnitude values, like this:

ga-> set gxout vector
ga-> d u;v;mag(u,v)

> The comand printim, besides, don't work
Check the 'q config' output to make sure printim is enabled in your build.
--Jennifer

> Is there anyone who has had the same problems?
> Thank you very much
> Antonella

Jennifer M. Adams
111 Research Hall, Mail Stop 2B3