[gradsusr] Decoding ECMWF Data

Wesley Ebisuzaki - NOAA Federal wesley.ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Sun Aug 11 14:32:01 EDT 2013

Hi,

   grib2ctl and g2ctl assume a vertical structure like NCEP
pgb files.  That is that there are no missing levels from the
lowest level to an upper level.  If you have missing levels,
then you should use the -no_profile option to grib2ctl/g2ctl.
That gives you a variable for each field and level. That
will keep you from getting confused like "Z is defined on 500
while U is defined on 200 and 850 and RH is defined on
750".

   Wesley