[gradsusr] Plotting problem of CLM output files

Suman Maity suman.buie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 11:19:24 EDT 2013

Dear
RegCM users
This is Suman Maity from IIT Kharagpur, India. As we all know that when
RegCM4 is used with CLM then a list of output files will come as output
from CLM model. There is no postprocessing tool for these files. When I am
plotting the files with grads then the following error is coming:

Scanning self-describing file:  clmoutput.clm2.h0.2007-09-30-43200.nc
SDF Error: 365 day calendars are no longer supported by sdfopen.
  To open this file with GrADS, use a descriptor file with
  a complete TDEF entry and OPTIONS 365_day_calendar.
  Documentation is at http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/SDFdescriptorfile.html

Also I have checked that the last and 1st two values of the netcdf file are
same both for lon and lat.
Is there any postprocessing tools to eliminate these problems?
or any other way to plot these files (CLM output)?
Any suggestion will be of great help in this regard.

Regards
'S Maity'
Suman Maity*
Research Scholar
Center for Ocean, Rivers, Atmosphere and Land Sciences(CORAL)
Indian Institute Of Technology Kharagpur.
*