[gradsusr] How to change the color spectrum into a black and white / grey spectrum?

Martin V. Mathew vmartinmathew at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 08:57:41 EDT 2013

Hi

You may also use the attached grads script named 'colormap_lib.gs' to set
color maps other than default rainbow color map. This function have 20
color maps, each of those color map contain 22 shades. The numbers (which
is required for command 'set ccols') corresponding to each shade can be
viewed from the attached figure 'colormap.eps'.

You can run this function from grads script or executable files. Here I am
giving an example for setting gray colormap.

* 'Usage: colormap_lib.gs 'No. representng required colormap' '<optional
list flag>'
*              where arguments        No. representng required colormap can
have values 0 to 20'
*                      <optional list flag>  -----> setting 1 will list all
available colormaps in the function'
run colormap_lib.gs 2
set gxout shaded
set clevs 18 19 19.5 20 20.5 21 21.5 22 22.5 23 23.5 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31
set ccols 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 36
d  sst

Regards

Martin