[gradsusr] Organizing many GrADS scripts running on a regular basis

Joe Moore joe at wxjoe.com
Sat Apr 6 22:26:15 EDT 2013

Hello,

I have some experience with running GrADS, but before I get carried away I
want to ask a very basic question: For those than run many GrADS scripts
'operationally' (eg. making images every day for models), how do you
organize all of your scripts?

For instance, do you have separate scripts for every type of variable (eg.
850mb height/temps/winds, 500mb heights/abs vort/winds, surface RH, etc.)
and then run them all en masse from a shell script? Do you use grads
functions heavily?

I tried searching the mailing list archive and a few other places but
couldn't find much about the overall challenge of organizing and running
many grads scripts. If others on this list should share an overview of how
they organize their scripts I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Joe